Licenced commercial builders in Perth make a big community difference!
PCYC Midland has been given a new lease of life to provide a strong community focused centre. The Federation of Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (WA PCYC) is a not-for-profit organisation. It creates opportunities for young people through the delivery of two broad youth services. Namely, development (intervention) programmes and recreational activities.
The existing Midland site was in structural disrepair with some areas deemed unsafe. Extensive structural works such as replacing the main sport court and a complete kitchen refit were required. Inevitably, these necessary building works highlighted a need to redesign the building floor plan.
Interior Design Inspiration
The main inspiration for this commercial building transformation was to provide a valuable community facility. Ultimately, a centre that focused on and catered for youth in need, and a ‘patch of peace’ for those who work within its interior.
Secure work spaces were created to support entrance facilities and provide valuable resources to the many people who use the centre. Kitchen and bathroom facilities were beyond help. They required new efficient and practical services, plus fixtures that everyone could share.
The focal point of the centre is the sport court used for basketball, badminton and soccer. This required the complete replacement of the jarrah floor in order to provide a safe base for various activities. A gymnasium on the upper floor was also restored to its former glory.
Electrical and fire services in the building were replaced to meet current Australian Standards and Building Regulations.
You can read more information on the Bellfort approach to interior design by clicking here.
Can we help?
If you have a commercial kitchen that needs help, let us take a look and make some recommendations. You may also like to read another case study that focuses more on commercial kitchens within a cafe environment. Alternatively, our blog on how much a commercial interior design and fitout costs will help you decide on what changes you can make to your coffee shop, restaurant or bar now.
Extent of work
The extent of works required to create the new PCYC Midland centre with a positive, inspiring interior environment included:
- Design & approvals – preparation of drawings to meet Building Code of Australia requirements. Obtaining building permit and occupancy permit from local authority
- Demolition – removal of gymnasium floor, ceilings, concrete floors and all electrical and fire services
- Ceilings – Installation of new suspended grid and tile to Judo and training room. New flush plasterboard ceilings to kitchen and entrance foyer.
- Flooring – Installation of new jarrah flooring in sports court, vinyl in kitchen, carpet in training rooms and tiling in toilets.
- Building Works – Installation of new partitioning including code-compliant doors and toilet and shower partitions.
- Services – Bellfort consultant design and installation of new electrical services including site mains and switchboard upgrade, new lighting, power, security and data services. New air conditioning to activity rooms and work spaces.
- New plumbing services including underground pipework and sanitary ware.
- Commercial kitchen – including new steel benches with integrated sinks, extraction system, and grease trap
- Furniture – Installation of kitchen joinery and furniture to office areas.
Project size – 1,081 sqm
Project cost – $831.00 sqm
Programme – 12 weeks
Why not head on over to our Commercial Fit Out page to get more information on how Bellfort create successful commercial interiors.