Catholic Homes Inc. had a need to accommodate their head office administration team in a suitable commercial fitout. With this in mind, they purchased a previously occupied, three storey building in Burswood. The existing building’s envelope and services were in poor condition. Requiring major remedial works to be incorporated within the planned extensive upgrade.
The new Catholic Homes base needed to function as a head office. Simultaneously, it also had to provide a comprehensive training facility and reflection centre. These areas offering counselling and care services to clients. Adhering to budget and programme were key factors to be met by our client. And given the extensive work carried out on site, the project was successfully handed over one week earlier than expected.
The overall brief from Catholic Homes was that the voluminous space had to be functional. Yet it still needed to be reflective of its aged care business values.
Interior Design Inspiration
Understanding the CHI business and the varying sectors of service offered to their clients, the main aim was to create a positive atmosphere. Upon entering the interior space, this flows throughout the three floors when walking through the different service sectors. There was also a requirement to reinforce the corporate team spirit and encourage communication amongst all staff.
The creation of open work spaces that nestle comfortably amongst efficient office areas maximises the floor plates and available natural light. The placement of intermittent mobile discussion tables and collaboration areas removed department walls. This resulted in allowing everyone to interact with each other as a valued team.
Extent of Work
- Demolition – Removal of all existing partitioning and certain masonry walls to comply with BCA requirements. Carry out required asbestos removal and certification of these works.
- Ceilings – Rectification works to lower first floor ceiling. Installation of new grid and tile suspended ceiling on upper first floor. Creation of feature curved bulkheads and detailed reception ceiling on the ground floor.
- Flooring – Removal of existing floorcoverings and preparation of existing concrete floors. Supply and installation of new vinyl to bathrooms and kitchen facilities. Supply and installation of new carpet tiles in customised pattern to all floors.
- Building works – Dry lining of all exposed brickwork walls and columns over all three floors. Installation of new partitioning including glazing throughout and interactive walls in the boardroom and training facility. Supply and installation of compliant staircase handrail. Creation of new UAT and ambulant facilities on the ground and upper first floors.
- Lift installation – Supply and installation of lift to accommodate three floors. Works included creation of external steel framed lift shaft and cladding.
- Services – Modifications to existing air-conditioning services and installation of supplementary services to key areas. New installation of power, data fire and security services, including external carpark.
- Furniture – Supply and installation of all new furniture including workstations, office suites, meeting/training areas and loose furniture. Supply and installation of custom built furniture for reception, boardroom and utility areas.
- Branding – Supply and installation of customised glazing film depicting CHI brand and values. Supply and installation of customised wallcovering to reception and training area. External treatment to front façade outlining CHI corporate identity and creating a positive first impression.
Project Size – 985 sqm
Project Cost – $1,277.00 sqm
Programme – 11 weeks
If you are interested in viewing more Bellfort project images in our gallery click here.