The commercial interior design creation of Repeat Offender Espresso Café was to take place in an empty tenancy. Previously occupied by another café, it was in need of base build refurbishment prior to any fitout works commencing. Plumbing services were already established. However extensive work was required when it came to demolition of the previous fitout, including flooring and ceilings.
This new café is located in a prime Subiaco location that benefits by existing established businesses and the presence of Princess Margaret Hospital. The overall concept was to ensure the interior space functioned appropriately to the food and drink menu on offer. The space also had to be friendly and enticing, catering for early morning coffee starts and the lunch time rush hour.
Interior Design Inspiration
With the rear tenancy of the café converted into an art gallery, the Repeat Offender café commercial interior design needed to portray a certain ‘funky’ feel. It still however maintained a practical approach to the service area. Seating in the front service area is minimal as there is sufficient access to external seating. This is further supported by seating within the gallery area.
Stainless steel work areas and display units are encased in a studded vinyl covering. This provides an interesting and tough exterior, designed to withstand the toughest wear and tear. A raised planter provides a barrier between the espresso equipment as well as a bar area for patrons. Use of vivid and bold colour combinations of red, black and silver establish Repeat Offenders’ identity. And it visually demonstrates the quality of what is to be expected from the café.
Extent of Work
- Ceilings – Rectification of feature ceilings over the front service area.
- Flooring – Rectification of existing concrete floors and doorway thresholds.
- Building Works – Installation of new partitioning to form the base boundary of the service area.
- Services – New installation of power and data. Modifications to existing plumbing to suit service area.
- Furniture – Supply and installation of custom built joinery including fabricated stainless steel benching and storage. Installation of refrigerated display cabinetry and stylised customer benching.
- Branding – Supply and installation of customised glazing film to perimeter glazing, establishing the Repeat Offender Espresso Café identity. External illuminated signage.
Project Size – 150 sqm
Project Cost – $1,333.00 sqm
Programme – 3 weeks
Why not check out some of our other project case studies.